This traditional caprese salad is given a vegan twist by omitting the mozzarella and accentuating the tomato, herbs and spices for a dish that is simple to prepare but will appeal to all your guests.
Original tomato plate with parsley and balsamic dressing
- 4 portions
- 15 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 4 original tomatoes, sliced
For the dressing
- 1 petite échalote française, hachée finement
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- Fleur de sel and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Arrange tomato slices on a large serving plate and season with fleur de sel and freshly ground pepper.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the vinaigrette and mix well. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the tomatoes and serve.
Eat the same day