This recipe for tomatoes (The Chubby) stuffed with sausage and rice captures the warmth and comfort of a delicious Moroccan tagine with its golden raisins, almonds, and gigantic green olives. It’s sure to delight your taste buds and make you travel for a meal.
Sausage and rice stuffed tomatoes
- The Chubby
- 4 portions
- 15 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 45 minutes
- 4 big original tomatoes The Chubby
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Flesh of 2 to 3 Italian sausages (about 300 gr.)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- ¼ cup fresh herbs, chopped (parsley, thyme, oregano, as desired)
- 2 tbsp almonds, chopped
- 2 tbsp blond raisins, chopped
- 2 to 3 mammoth green olives, chopped
- 1 tsp capers, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and place the rack in the centre. Oil a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat vegetable oil and cook sausage meat with onion and garlic for 10 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, cut off the top of the tomatoes to make a small cap, then carefully scoop out the tomatoes with a spoon. Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet and add the tomato flesh to the onions in the pan. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, then stir in remaining stuffing ingredients. Season generously.
- Fill each tomato with the stuffing and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
2 to 3 days in the refrigerator