A perfect salad for hot summer days that combines the sweet tanginess of raspberries, the refreshing crunch of cucumber, and the liveliness of mint. Let yourself be seduced by this panzanella made with our tomatoes petites cousines and its divine raspberry vinaigrette that will awaken your senses and charm your taste buds.
Panzanella salad & raspberry vinaigrette
- petites cousines
- 4 portions
- 20 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 4 "petites cousines" tomatoes, cut into pieces
- 1 cup of Lebanese cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- A handful of fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- A handful of fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- 100gr bocconcini, cut into pieces
- Fleur de sel and freshly ground pepper, to taste
For the raspberries
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the bread croutons
- ½ loaf of bread (to make 3 to 4 cups of croutons)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350F and place rack in center.
- Using your hands, roughly tear pieces of bread. Place on baking sheet and toss with olive oil. Bake for 10 minutes, or until croutons are crisp on the outside but still soft on the inside. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a bowl, mash raspberries with olive oil, lemon juice and honey. Season to taste, then set aside.
- Place tomato and cucumber pieces on a large serving platter. Garnish with bocconcini, mint, basil, red onion and croutons, then drizzle with raspberry mixture to serve.
Best eaten the same day. Does not freeze.